A mentor is someone who sets the bar. They have been where you want to go. A mentor is someone who has goals and values that you can identify with. A mentor is someone you look up to. I have never sat down and thought about it before, but everyone should have a mentor. If you have a mentor, someone with good goals and strong ambition, you subconsiously try to duplicate what they have and what they are doing. I mentor in the back of your mind can be your greatest strength. The journey is a lot easier if you know where you want to go.
2 comments:
Mike,
I like your definition of a mentor. It is similar to my own. My mentors in life have always been people who hold positions that I hope to attain one day. It's helpful to not only look up to these people but also to ask their advice. I have found that there are so many different routes one can take to achieve their goals; there is no "right" way. They also have certain characteristics that I hope to develop for myself.
Anna
Okay,
I have a task for you.
Take what we learned from class last week...Goals/vision/enlising others and put one on your goals on your blog in the same format we did in class:
Past Accomplishment:
Why was that accomplishment important to you?
New Goal:
Steps to get there (you create timeframe):
WHO can help you get there?
WHY will they help you get there?
HOW will they help you get there?
-Jose
Post a Comment